Camp Benzon on Kawau Island
Use these 2 sites to answer questions and present on your blog:
Camp Benzon http://www.campbentzon.co.nz/photos.htm
WALT: find information from several sites about our upcoming camp at Kawau Island.
Learn Create Share
1. Which cove or harbour is Camp Benzon in? (clue - Find a map of the island) North cove
2. Copy an image of Kawau Island (a map) showing the cove or harbour our camp is in.
3. How many kilometres from the mainland is Kawau Island? (clue - Look at travel information) 8.45k
4. Where do you catch the ferry from (what town) to get to Kawau? (clue - Look at travel information) At the sand spit
5. List 6 activities you can do at camp. (clue - Look camp activities)
volleyball, orienteering, rock climbing, kayaking, swimming, and fishing.
6. Find out (google) what a ‘burma trail’ is. (clue - search in google) A Burm a trail is a rope trail through the bush and over obstacles.
7. Find images of 5 native birds common to Kawau island and label them. (c
8. How many kayaks are there? (clue - Look camp activities)
9. Look at the images in the photo gallary and copy in one picture you are excited about. Write a sentence to explain what you are excited about and why. I will like to jump off the wharf because I had never jump off one before.
10. What is the main (most predominant) native tree on Kawau (clue - search in flora and fauna on the kawau site - flora means plants) The predominant native trees on the island are the white flowering kanuka and the manuka.
Next week we will be off to camp at Kawau Island for the year six camp. I am looking forward to camp because I want to do lots of activities like , volley ball, rock climbing, and kayaking.